The Landscape Manager supervises the gardeners that maintain the landscapes at and around our private residences, and surrounding community. The Landscape Manager assists with scheduling employees, delegating job tasks, maintaining inventory and creating written reports and correspondence, in collaboration with the Site Manager of Skywalker Properties. Skills relevant to this position include plant and water management; horticulture; helping with all landscape duties; design and implement all renovation projects and manage the personnel assigned to these projects; train and supervise landscaping crew (both employees and contracted services); perform insect and disease identification and control in designated gardens and landscape areas; operating power tools and equipment like chain saws and riding mowers; and when necessary assisting in paint removals and applications. Our company values are Citizenship, Productivity & Service.
Managerial: Plans, schedules, assigns, and supervises the landscaping, seeding, weeding, cultivating, and general care of the grounds, gardens, and fruit trees on multiple properties within the Park Way Estate in addition to other residential and commercial properties in the neighborhood. Lead and oversee the Landscape Maintenance Team comprised of 5 Landscape Maintenance Crews and 1 contracted irrigation specialist. Depending on the season, approx. (75% of time would be on the grounds, 25% in office) Keep the properties looking great, while managing hours and costs, efficient scheduling, and good stewardship of trucks, equipment and special projects.
- Prepares working sketches and budgets for the development, improvement, or expansion of landscaped areas.
- Generated creative solutions to existing problems
- Conducts trainings and assigns training on a regular basis.
Manages Water, Pest, Fertilization and Weed Control Programs
Hands-On Landscape Maintenance, including:
- Performs the physical work of mowing, blowing, cleaning, shoveling, raking, weeding, feeding and fertilizing, planting, watering, tree pruning, general trimming and pruning, and debris removal.
- Cleans all driveways, pathways, sport courts, swimming pools, and exterior sitting areas.
- Maintains fish pond/water features and aquatic plants.
- Cleans exterior railings and decks.
- Assists with gutter and roof cleaning and clearing.
- Understands and manages the timing of planting, watering, weeding, and pruning.
- Works with multiple person landscaping team.
- Performs general irrigation repairs and troubleshooting as needed.
- Performs other facilities maintenance as needs
Education / Experience:
- BA in Horticulture, Plant & Soil Science or other life-sciences; or equivalent knowledge.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Highly motivated and have a strong work ethic and focus.
- Experience using hand tools, chain saw, landscaping power tools like weed whipping, etc. is required.
- 2 wire irrigation system experience and water management.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Basic electrical skills, sump pumps and irrigation controls.
- Must be able perform physical work in a gardens and grounds (shoveling, pruning, weeding, seeding, feeding, planting, harvesting).
- Must tolerate all weather conditions
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Five years of experience managing landscape maintenance crews.
- Knowledge of equipment and trucks involved in landscape management.
- Two-or four-year horticultural or related degree and two years industry experience. Additional industry experience or industry certifications can substitute for non-related degree, two-year degree or no degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in English. Ability to speak and understand Spanish Basics.
- Competence in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- All employees will undergo background check and provide a driving history (MVR)