Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations through assistance and support to the management team of the operation. Ability to apply previous culinary experiences as well as precisely following directives to ensure a consistent, superior quality product is produced at all times. Performs well under pressure in a unique and fast paced environment. Is flexible and able to adjust quickly to the immediate needs of the operation or as directed. Works to continually improve the guest and employee experience through personal and professional contributions. Must ensure sanitation and food safety standards are achieved.
- Efficient and accurate set-up and break down of assigned work station as directed.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a prep list based on business needs.
- Operate industrial ovens, stoves, grills, steamers, mixers, slicers and fryers to prepare foods.
- Precisely prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, weighing and mixing of ingredients.
- Prepare a variety of hot and cold foods using a number of techniques or as directed.
- Properly test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Precisely prepare special meals or substitute items as directed.
- Serve prepared foods in proper portions onto proper wares as directed.
- Strict adherence to food quality and safety standards at all times.
- Ensure the proper labeling and dating of food items and that proper rotation of product occurs.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment as needed or as directed.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications as required.
- Uniform and personal appearance are both clean and professional at all times; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Interact with guests naturally and professionally as required, address guest concerns as they are learned if able, or immediately direct to a manager that will resolve the concern.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support the team to reach common goals.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language at all times.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Ability and willingness to perform all additional tasks as required for the success of the operation.