On Call Guest Services Coordinator - Events
Skywalker Vineyards seeks multiple Guest Services Coordinators on an on-call basis to support the upcoming expanded events schedule with the opening of Summit Skywalker Ranch. The on-call team is responsible for providing guest services, front desk coverage, ranch special event coordination, assist with wine tastings, general store sales and wine and ranch product sales.
Guest Services Responsibilities:
- Front desk duties include answering telephones, monitoring ranch email, guest check in/check out, escorting guests to their rooms, assisting with luggage and offering concierge services.
- Operate Opera Scheduling System including making reservations and daily audit.
- Maintain a high level of communication with all team members to assure seamless service to all clientele.
- Conduct quality control inspections of all guest rooms prior to client arrival.
- Daily inspection and quality control of breakfast service and common areas at the Inn.
- Maintain client relations by establishing a rapport and assessment of guest needs and preferences.
- Skywalker Vineyards wine sales and ranch product sales executed both over the counter and via phone/internet.
Tasting Room Host:
- Greet and provide guests with an outstanding hospitality experience.
- Effectively suggest and sell wine.
- Educate guests on our wines and winery history.
- Accurately handle routine purchasing transactions including opening/closing cash registers and properly following interstate shipping procedures.
- Assist with Tasting Room and Wine events.
- Maintain standard duties including cleaning tasting stemware, ensuring tasting room environs are appealing and inviting and providing a safe working and tasting environment.
- Work effectively with teammates during daily duties and operations.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Take initiative to complete guest requests and any tasks or projects assigned by management.
Ranch Services Responsibilities:
- General store duties include shifts at the cash register, restock of merchandise, assisting with the purchase of merchandise.
- Prepare, write, edit, coordinate approvals and distribute forms relating to special events occurring on Skywalker Ranch and Big Rock Ranch.
- Coordinate lunches, catering needs and meeting room reservations.
- Assure reserved spaces are ready prior to approved events / meetings which includes scheduling or conducting quality control inspection of the area.
- Assist in the coordination of facilities maintenance services for all clientele on both Skywalker Ranch and Big Rock Ranch campuses.
- Train and provide Fire House and Kiosk emergency coverage as needed.
- Develop relationships with outside vendors and service providers as requested by supervisor.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the Guest Services Coordinators may be assigned specific duties which may include, but not limited to:
- Assist the Chairman’s Office with special events and projects as assigned including but not limited to: Holiday tree decorating and gift wrapping, 4th of July Picnic prep and other special events.
- Process billing following division finance department policies and procedures.
- Provide administrative support for Ranch Operations and supervisor as needed.
- Run errands and provide shopping for Ranch needs.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of Hospitality or restaurant or other guest service experience is a must.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Demonstrated positive, strong customer service interest, skills and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing tasks and priorities, with grace and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of and passion for fine wines and wine making.
- Willingness to work overtime, later shifts and weekends on a regular basis.
- Demonstrative ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to use keyboard/mouse up to 8 hours per day.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- PC Proficient in MS Word and Excel, Filemaker Pro required.
- Opera experience is desired; regardless, must have a willingness to learn.
- Ability to use keyboard/mouse up to 8 hours per day