Skywalker Vineyards is seeking a Sous Chef, accountable for the overall success of the daily kitchen operations. The Sous Chef consistently contributes innovative ideas and able to collaborate with a team for the best results; Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all Food & Beverage related functions; Works to continually improve the guest and employee experience; Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, superior quality product is produced. In addition, the Sous Chef is responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports and must ensure sanitation and food safety standards are achieved.
- Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or events.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products.
- Able to collaborate on how food should be presented and creates creative and effective displays.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Ensures compliance with food handling, temperature control, sanitation standards as well as applicable laws and regulations
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of all team members engaged in Food & Beverage preparation and service.
- Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Recognizes positive performance and produces desired results.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer and team satisfaction.
- Sets a positive example for guest and team member relations.
- Naturally interacts with guests and team members and directly expedites the solution of concerns.
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Brings concerns to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
- Ability and willingness to perform all additional tasks as required for the success of the operation.
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.