The Facilities Engineer is responsible for completing hands-on daily maintenance, repair, and operation of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems, elevators, pumps, generators, and lighting throughout Skywalker and Big Rock Ranches, as well as other properties, as needed.
- Performs repairs to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, building automation, generators, UPS systems, fire pumps, sump pumps, pool maintenance, potable and reclaimed water systems, etc.
- Performs hands-on maintenance of all building systems according to database schedules and specifications.
- Completes building equipment inspections quarterly, and submits written conclusions to lead engineers and manager.
- Reviews systems in field weekly and reports findings to lead engineers daily.
- Completes small hands-on special projects related to building maintenance for HVAC, pumps, plumbing, UPS systems, elevators, furnishings, and lighting systems both in-side and outside.
- Repairs lighting systems throughout all buildings and grounds, and monitors, adjusts building automation schedules weekly for maximum efficiency.
- Compiles quotes from vendors for material purchases.
- Provide after-hours emergency support in response to facilities department related issues as needed.
- Provides labor support to Ranch Service and event set-ups.
- Provides after hours support as needed, works with other department and division supervisors and managers as needed.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 4 years of formal training in operations engineering.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Building Engineering/Maintenance.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Valid California driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Required to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to perform data entry and work with facilities related software.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact effectively within a department and outside the organization
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- CFC license for handling of refrigerants
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Pool operations and maintenance
- Operation of potable and reclaimed water systems