Fire Safety & Security Officer - (Full Time and On Call Positions)
The Skywalker Fire Brigade is currently seeking full time, part time and on call support. On Call positions commit to a shift a week, at minimum for 6 months to learn the unique systems and provide department coverage. Full time positions fall into a rotation of approximately fourteen 12hr shifts a month, including nights and weekends. While this role operates within a Brigade fire department, the position itself is mostly comprised of security services and prevention training. If you are interested in regularly fighting fire, this is not the position for you.
Skywalker Fire Safety & Security officers provide an extraordinary level of Customer Service and Hospitality to Skywalker Properties clientele. Experiences with Fire, Safety, and Security service are highly desired. Candidates must have the capability to professionally respond and effectively mitigate a wide range of requests at all Skywalker Properties managed sites.
- Prepare for, and Provide emergency services: fire protection, security, first aid, and monitor systems.
- Provide non-emergency services, such as building lockdowns, monitoring and testing of alarm/sprinkler systems, access control (kiosk), site patrol, phone reception, and after-hours customer service support.
- Provide OSHA training for company employees in CPR, first aid and fire extinguisher use, slips trips & falls, Ergo placement, forklift, confined space, and orientation.
- Prepare and maintain various investigations, activity reports, security logs, and systems documentation.
- Plan, organize and complete various projects as given to by the Fire Chief.
- Provide special event planning support for, movie releases, picnic, company parties, and COB events
- Understand Ranch systems and follow all company safety and security policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, protect company assets.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
Education / Experience:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience as an EMT preferred.
- Fire Fighter/Engineer experience preferred.
- Hotel hospitality, retail services, guest relations experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work weekends and/or evenings as scheduled on a 12 or 24-hour shift rotation.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Must hold certification as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-1).
- California Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Acquire Class B, or Class C “Restricted for Fire Fighting Vehicles” California Driver’s License within 2 months of hire.
- Complete Driver Operator 1-A course within 6 months of hire.
- Complete PC-832 (relating to arrest, search, & seizure) course within 8 months of hire.
- Acquire California State Firefighter 1 Certification within 8 months of hire.
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Strong customer service and courtesy skills: previous experience within public service, hospitality, retail services, hotel or resort settings.
- Computer skills with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, and Filemaker Pro.
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to interact effectively within, across, and outside of a large organization.
- Ability to be proficient with the use and monitoring of multiple software platforms that directly support
- fire, safety, and security.
- Assist with diagnostic system checks and symptom analysis. Investigate mechanical equipment, water system failures and report finding to appropriate group.
- Must document availability during non-scheduled work hours.
- Willingness to work unscheduled hours as needed and/or during an emergency situation.
- May be required to return to work in event of an emergency.