Agriculture Intern : 6-8 Week Summer Internship
Skywalker Properties is offering paid internships in five disciplines across our unique learning environment for young adults to facilitate work-place competence, experience working with goals in a specific discipline and grow awareness of other career path they may not have considered before. Internships in 2019 are offered in Facilities, Agriculture, Finance, Guest Experience & Property Management. The intern program will run approximately 30hrs a week from June 10 through the end of July.
Our friendly, knowledgeable Garden and Range team is always hard at work managing the challenging complexities of the site. This includes landscaping, livestock and farm animals, organic garden, vineyards, olive groves, potable and irrigation water systems, and much more. The ideal candidate will possess a love of nature, a hands-on enthusiasm for outdoor physical work and working knowledge of organic lifecycles and horticulture at-large.
Intern Opportunities include:
- Daily tending to a 2.5 acre organic garden and cattle ranch operations. Garden consists of vegetables, some fruits, cut flowers, and herbs.
- Project Assignment TBD – Independent Study
- Participation in development & discussion groups, team meetings and company sponsored events.
GOALS FOR PARTICIPANTS: R.E.A.C.H.
- Receive mentoring from trained professionals, including Skywalker leadership
- Engage in real work in their discipline in support of their future career path
- Attain knowledge of workplace norms, policies, culture and methodologies
- Connect & collaborate with other students in different disciplines and work environments to broaden scope awareness and cultural savvy
- Harness speaking and presentation opportunities, in support of developing personal career narratives